Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Duaw Cebu! (the "me" part of this site)

Dis es nat Mendanaw, dis es Cebu!

Well, last year me and my family visited a friend in Cebu. It was just a casual family visit. We went to the usual Cebu tourist spots plus the said-to-be miraculous church in Simala.

It may just be an ordinary family trip but it was dearly memorable to me for many reasons: one, it was the first airplane ride of my son; two, it was the first Cebu visit of my wife; and three, it was our first family trip.

Here, I'll share with you some of our fun memories.

The Japanese temple

Behind the Basilica de Sto. Nino is market selling religious articles.

Inside the Basilica de Sto. Nino

The Chapel that house the Magellan's cross.

Visiting Antique Houses and Ancestral Homes.Those ancestral homes recognized by the National Historical Institute were, as expected, in better shape since they have funding from the government. But I feel that those other old houses that were not preserved by the government evoked more essence of antiquity.

The souvenir man. We bought trinkets, bracelets, fridge magnets and necklaces at surprisingly very cheap prices for a quality souvenir, salamat bai.

Nope, we're not in Disney Land, we visited the Mama Mary's shrine in Simala.