Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Davao City: Ilaw ng Kalinaw

San Pedro St. is an iconic and historic street in Davao City. It has seen the city's major transformation from the old to the new. The city's seat of government power, City Hall, and the seat of religious Catholic power, San Pedro Cathedral are anchored on its soil. Though I live in this city I seldom visit San Pedro St. When I happen to walk this old street, recently, few dots of changes and landmark surprised me. Here stand, between the City hall and the cathedral, the fitting totemic tower of Ilaw ng Kanilaw.

I don't have idea who the artist was/were but I want to congratulate him/her/them for a job well done: artsy-craftsy piece. I wonder how many beautiful things are there in this city that remained unnoticed, if only we look close and appreciate. -----


It's been a while since I posted. It feels good to be back.